Vodafone has conducted its first holographic call with the help of 5G, the new generation of faster, better connected and wider coverage of mobile internet.
image source: Vodafone
However, faster internet won’t just mean we’ll be able to download our favourite Netflix shows quicker. Here’s some of the ways 5G will transform our everyday lives:
- In the home; ‘smart home’ is the current buzz word on the tech scene due to the rise of voice recognition devices. 5G will only make it easier to control everything in our homes simply by our voice.
- In the workplace; videoconferencing will be taken to the next level with 3D virtual spaces. You will be able to have a meeting in a virtual room with a group of people all over the world.
- On the roads; 5G will mean autonomous driving cars will become more popular
- Entertainment; it’s already being implemented more, but virtual reality and augmented reality will start to pop up when at live concerts, sports matches etc to give visitors an even more immersive experience
- Healthcare; one of the most important ways 5G will innovate the technology industry is through healthcare. The fast connection speeds will mean better connected ambulances, remote surgery and patient monitoring and VR treatment.
Read more here.